Castes of ants and battle

The original free forum content, re-published here for ease of reference.
DarthAce21
Site Admin

Re: Castes of ants and battle

Post by DarthAce21 »

Welcome to the discussion Ztrain! Always great to see someone else that wants to have input into this exciting project!

I was also toying with the idea of areas on the map that have strategic value more than the rest, so yeah plants or fruit trees in a few different locations might be a great example.

Another idea I had which I have not yet shared with Murgle was that from time to time a random event occurs where an animal dies (like a mouse or a bird or something substantial from the perspective of an ant) which places a temporary boon of food in various random locations around the map.

So rather than normal foraging, if this occurs inside a nest's normal forage area the nest (or nests if there are more than one overlapping that area) are notified by their workers that they found this boon event, and they have the option of assigning workers to it to strip it as quickly as possible before others do... thoughts?
If you stand for nothing, you fall for anything.

DarthAce21
Site Admin

Post by DarthAce21 »

ztrain said in the original thread wrote: As long as these events and areas were spread out enough that a few alliances couldn't monopolize them, I think it would add a lot of depth into the game.

DarthAce21
Site Admin

Post by DarthAce21 »

Yup it would be entirely random, not even admin could manipulate these events, so in theory everyone has an equal chance at them.

I also really like your idea of capturing queens to make new nests of that caste of ant. Very nice idea. Player 1 loses their queen in a nest while player 2 gains that queen and nest and is able to create new nests of that caste as well, chosing from a selection of your previously captured queens.